Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

I am an unwed father with no legal custody. I see my son once a week, pay child support on time, and involve him in activities like t-ball(he is 7). His mother homeschools him against my wishes(I am an educator, as is my mother, significant other, etc..). He is very far behind. He should be learning first grade material, but he does not meet any of the end of year Kindergarten standards. What can I do?

Asked on 6/29/16, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

If you can produce competent evidence that your son is truly falling behind in school already, you should have a good chance of convincing the judge that homeschooling should end. It is more difficult to produce good evidence at this age, because grades are more subjective, and testing is less rigorous. The chances of success are greater if the mother has no teacher training or background. Consult an experienced family law attorney. We are here to help.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/16, 7:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas