Legal Question in Military Law in Kansas

army conviction

i was convicted in the army of sodomy. i willingly told the detectives what happened because my sergeant told me to write down what happened before i was everr questioned by CID. At court it was brought up but because they couldnt find what i wrote (was not read my rights when i wrote the explaination) the judge would not throw out my statement to CID. Isnt it there job to prove beyond a doubt that I didnt give any statements before i was questioned by CID? Should I be the one who has to prove I did?

Asked on 8/29/07, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Eisenberg Law Office of Michael D.J. Eisenberg, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Re: army conviction

My office handles military criminal appeals. There may have been some UCMJ or Constitutional violation of your rights. However, I don't have enough information to make an assessment. I'd need more details to better assess your situation.

If you (or a family member with power of attorney) would like, feel free to contact my office to set up an appointment. My initial consultations are free and I'd be happy to initiate the call to save you (or your family member) long distance charges.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/07, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Kansas