Legal Question in Military Law in Kansas

Reentry Code 2B, Sep Code JDA

I enlisted into Active Duty Air Force

service after high school, in February

of 2002.

During high school, I'd made the

mistake of trying lsd and ecstasy,

each once, and smoking pot a few

times. I was told by a couple different

parties not to disclose this

information at MEPS, or to any

screening personnel.

A couple years after I'd been in, with

exemplary service- no Letters of

Reprimand, a couple Letters of

Appreciation, being an Airman Leader

during tech school, as well as being

at the top of all of my training

classes- my ex-girlfriend decided she

was still mad at me and tried to bring

some bogus criminal charges against

me back home.

Long story short, I ended up getting

a General Discharge, Under

Honorable Conditions, with a

Separation Code of JDA and Reentry

Code of 2B, for fraudulent entry, in

August 2004. All civilian charges

were dropped, as the DA decided

there wasn't a case.

I still dwell on the fact that this has

screwed me out of finishing my

service commitment to my country,

and would like to, at the very least,

be eligible to reenlist.

Even if I petition for an upgrade to

my discharge, is there a way to get

the Reentry Code upgraded?

Asked on 1/27/08, 10:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC

Re: Reentry Code 2B, Sep Code JDA

You could petition for relief from the discharge, but getting the RE code changed is going to be tough. I would suggest to you that the best thing you could do is move on with your life. However, if you want to re-enlist tell the recruiters the truth and see if they can get you waivers.

Good luck,

Read more
Answered on 1/28/08, 10:47 am
John K. Harris Attorney at Law

Re: Reentry Code 2B, Sep Code JDA

Your future attorney can draft your Discharge Upgrade and RE Code Request. Feel free to contact me if you need help.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/08, 3:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Kansas