Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kansas

what to settle for accident claim

trying to settle claim was rearended no fault son was with me bruise went 2 emer my insur paid 900 sent me 100 2 pay also given ck 1,690 for car damage now they offered 717.00 to sign over release forms for my son how much should i be settling for ?greg

Asked on 12/14/06, 4:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: what to settle for accident claim

I do not know enough facts to fully estimate the value of your case. But, given that the medical damages alone were $900, the initial offer seems way too low for you or your son, let alone both of you.

I suggest you have an attorney examine the facts of this case and give you thorough settlement advice. You should pay for this opinion, if need be. You might even hire the attorney to handle the case for you.

Depending upon his age, it may too soon to settle your son's potential claims. Some injuries do not show up immediately.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 12/15/06, 5:28 pm

Adam Graves Bruer & Wooddell, P.C.

Re: what to settle for accident claim

Not sure I understand this exactly. Your total medical bills were $1,000? And insurance is offering you $700? My email is [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/14/06, 4:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kansas