Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas

I have a dispute of a deed to a home. It was a quit claim deed my dad issued to a caregiveer while he suffered with Alzheimers. My dad has passed. The county won't press charges.Now she is wanting to evict me from my family home. I took care of my dad the last 2 years of his life and now I live here. What can I do?

Asked on 7/30/10, 11:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You may need to open an estate for your Dad (if there is still time) in the probate court. In that estate, you can contest the transfer of the property. You may be able to contest the transfer without going through the probate court, but it may be much tougher to do.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/05/10, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas