Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Kansas

Kansas property line dispute. We have a neighbor of 2 years doing odd things, he claims a slice of the yard. No documentation provided to his atty. We have provided documents showing we purchased land & structures on that land in 1993. Structures and land also purchased by the previous owner in 83, then sold to us. We now have boundary stakes in the yard, not from surveyor, but from neighbor. Our atty has passed. before then he advised that we should wait for him to start legal action.

Can he demonstrate a valid claim by doing a survey himself, or even having it done. is there a conceivable, valid legal method to this placing of stakes. Should I pull them up as they appear, or leave them? We hate to spend 8 to 10 K on this adverse possession thing, do we have to? (Adverse possession starts in 15 yrs I think) We have tried negotiations, this guy is not able to be negotiated with.

Thanks for any replies

Asked on 4/27/16, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If either side files something with the Court, legal representation is advised. Perhaps you should get a survey done, to find out your true boundaries. If you purchased title insurance, you might have a claim for any mistakes in the title statement.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/05/16, 5:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Kansas