Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

In the event of my death and the death of my husband, our children will be under guardianship of my sister. However, I want my father-in-law to be trustee and manage the estate. Whose name should be listed on our life insurance policies as secondary children's, my sister's, or my father-in-law's?

Asked on 1/29/13, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It sounds like yu might best achieve your gaols by having a trust be the 2nd beneficary. That way you can list your father as trustee, and somoen else as alternate trustee, if you survive him. There are many facts that can alter the best choice for your situation. You should consult directly with an estate planning or elder law attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/30/13, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas