Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

My father passed away 18 years ago, we just discovered a safety deposit box key; the bank doesn't have any record left and cant come up with documents that show what was in it. The state has no record of anything. The bank wants us to just be ok with there explanation (without any documentation). Can we take this any further, should we sue? mike

Asked on 2/23/16, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Your situation is too complicated to give a sort answer. I think you need to consult directly with a probate or real property attorney in the area where the bank is located. They can get more pertinent information from you, and hopefully help you select an option.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 3/07/16, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas