Legal Question in Workers Comp in Kansas

How long do I have to file a workman comp claim in Kansas? I was just laid off due to no work.

Asked on 8/06/09, 3:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

There are actually several requirements under Kansas law. An employee must give Notice of an injury to the employer within ten days unless good cause for the delay is shown. A written Claim must be specially served on the employer within 200 days after the accident, last payment of money benefits or last authorized medical treatment. Various exceptions also apply. You should consult an experienced workers' compensation lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/09, 4:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Kansas