Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Kentucky


Is there a way i can file bankruptcy and make low monthly payments to an attorney! Please

Asked on 2/25/09, 1:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

Re: Bankruptcy

You can go to your local bar association and see if there are any attorney's that do free bankruptcy work. However, if an attorney files a Chapter 7 without getting the fee up front, then he or she becomes a creditor and the fee you owe is discharged.

In a Chapter 13, most attorney's accept a lump sum up front with the remainder paid after filing.

You can, according to Congress, file bankruptcy without an attorney and you can obtain the forms necessary at your district's website.

While it seems crazy to ask someone in dire financial straits to come up with several hundred dollars, you must also put it in perspective in that a successful bankruptcy will relieve you of many thousands of dollars in debt. From that perspective, it makes more sense.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/09, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Kentucky