Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Kentucky

My ex/father of my children is filing bankruptcy. Mostly becuz of a car he wanted and I co-signed for. He called and asked for my address and said it was becuz he pays me childsupport. Is that true? If not why would he need my address for his bankruptcy? Could it be to get out of paying child support? He blames me for him not being able to make the payments on his car he also blames me becuz he managed to hid from them for 2yrs and when they came after me I gave them some of his info so they caught up to him. So I just want to know what I'm up against since I feel he may try to be vindictive towards me! Thanks

Asked on 6/13/13, 5:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

When there is child support owed by the debtor in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, it does not get discharged with other debt, but the trustee will demand the address of the child support recipient because he or she has some independent duties to help protect that recipient.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Kentucky