Legal Question in Business Law in Kentucky

My daughter is getting married and we have a frined that used to be a preacher. He no longer preaches, however he says he can still perform weddings. How can I verify that?

Asked on 7/21/13, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas McAdam Thomas A. McAdam, III, Attorney

You need to telephone the office of the Fayette County Clerk (859) 253-3344 and ask them if the preacher is registered as a minister, and has posted a bond. Without doing so, he cannot legally perform marriages in your county.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 3:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Kentucky