Legal Question in Technology Law in Kentucky

I'm being harassed online. A person whom I know of is trying to spread information about me that isn't true. They have attempted over 100 times in order to spread I and my associates personal information for reasons that could equate to something dangerous, such as life threatening, monetary debt, or defamation of character.

I used to work at a Children's Toy Store, and I recently left, but the person that has been trying to spread my information is out to brand me as a pervert and a pedophile. Is there anything that I can do?

I do know the name and location of the person harassing me, so if I could do anything, please tell me.

Thanks, Logan.

Asked on 9/25/10, 1:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

If you can prove this individual has published a statement about you that is untrue and harmful, you can sue them for defamation. Go see an attorney who does defamation law.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/10, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Kentucky