Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Kentucky

I work for the State and salaries have been frozen for 6 years. Can I file a lawsuit or start a class action lawsuit against the Governor and General Assembly? There are over 3000 State employees. My last salary increase was 2007.

Asked on 6/27/13, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You can sue, but you can't win unless you have a contract that entitles you to salary increases or the pay freeze violates a state law or constitutional provision. I doubt either of these things is true. Even if one of them is true, there might still be reasons why your suit would fail.

I'm sorry I can't be more encouraging.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Kentucky