Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

I live in Kentucky amd I have fallen on hard times I contacted the bank I have my auto loan to voluntary to give car back they said that they will put lean on my house and garnish my wages till car sells can they legally do this

Asked on 10/06/11, 10:11 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Any excess amount you owe, you will still be responsible for it. The bank can seek judgment against you and garnish wages and attach liens to any property you own. If you're that hard up, you should get a consult with a bankruptcy attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/11, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky