Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

In 1980 I was convicted of theft by unlawful taking uder $50. I was a police officer at the time and convicted of stealing $6 in parking ticket money. I reisgned. I was fined $50. This has been a personal embarassment to be for 30 years. Nevermind me saying I was not guilty. I want to have this expundged. I have never even so much had a traffic violation. Would I have to go to the county that it happened in? What is my next step?

Asked on 10/15/10, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rachelle Howell Rachelle N. Howell, Attorney at Law

Yes, you must file in the county in which the conviction was obtained. For self-help you can file form 496.2 located at the following website:

It may be beneficial to have an attorney handle this matter for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/10, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky