Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

how can they put me on probation for 2 years with drug testing if my offense was not drug related

Asked on 5/22/12, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas McAdam Thomas A. McAdam, III, Attorney

A court may impose reasonable restrictions upon a defendant's behavior during a probated sentence. It is common for courts to require gainful employment, support of dependents, and a prohibition of drug and alcohol use during probation. The nature of the underlying offense is not material to these restrictions.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/12, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky