Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky


my daughter is from new york,she married a hick from kentucky and had a bay. now she wants to come home. can she take the baby and go? can he physically restrain her?

Asked on 12/11/07, 6:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

Re: divorce

Well shucks,

Even in these here hills of Kentucky we hicks try to live like ya'll civilized folks. We even wear shoes when its right cold out. (Just a little hillbilly humor there).

Anyway, no he cannot physically restrain her and if he does, she can contact the police and file an Emergency Protective Order. He can file a custody action alone or as part of a divorce or separation action in Kentucky. She could also do that in Kentucky or once she has been back in New York a sufficient number of months (depends on the laws of New York).

In case you are worried about visiting, physical aggression was outlawed down here awhile back and we can't even participate in duels anymore. So, its a fairly safe place nowadays.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/07, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky