Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

notice-motion order

i just need a notice-motion order form and form to increase child support.

Asked on 9/19/05, 7:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Suzanne Van Wert Van Wert Brown

Re: notice-motion order

An increase in child support requires certain criteria be met under Kentucky law. There is no point in filing a motion to modify child support if your situation does not fit the criteria listed under Kentucky Revised Statutes Chapter 403. I would strongly suggest you contact an attorney regarding this before filing a motion with the court. In the long run, it could end up saving you money.

If you think you cannot afford an attorney, then check with the bar association in your county. Most often, their pro bono programs can help you with this type of thing. If you meet the income requirements, you can have counsel at no or a reduced cost. If you do not meet the pro bono income requirements, there are often private attorneys who will take cases at a reduced fee, or who would be willing to work out some type of payment arrangements. So, if that is your concern, don't be afraid to ask.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/05, 10:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky