Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

Have a notorized document signed by both parents that the father revokes rights to unborn child. What are my options on ensuring I retain custody?

Asked on 4/23/16, 12:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

Well, the most certain way to proceed would be to proceed with an adoption. If you are a close relative, that may work out for you. The other option is to file a petition with the court's to give you permanent custody. In either case, the parents have to be given notice and a hearing has to be held. The judge will want some level of background check to be done on you.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/16, 6:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky