Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

I plan to marry a lady from FL, I'm in KY...she's moved here, but she has two debts she stopped paying in FL...if married, but with seperate bank accounts can I be help liable for her bad debts she had/has prior to marriage?

Asked on 9/10/15, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

You will not be liable for those debts unless you add your name to them. If they attempt to collect from her the only way they will be able to do so is by garnishing her wages, placing liens on real estate she owns (do not add her name to any real estate you own), or attaching her financial accounts (do not add her name to your bank account).

Read more
Answered on 9/10/15, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky