Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Kentucky

sour relationship

I thought I was in a good solid relationship and gave him a rolex watch that I had inheirated. He took the watch and dumped me. I want it back can I have him return it? I placed it on his wrist in on a romantic date. I still have the original boxes and papers though... does that help my case? He is going to sell it if I don't stop him.

Asked on 7/20/09, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas McAdam Thomas A. McAdam, III, Attorney

Re: sour relationship

If this were an engagement gift, with the understanding that you and the recipient were to be married, then a court might order him to return the gift if he was the one who broke off the engagement.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you have learned one of life's more expensive lessons. Unconditional gifts are final.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/09, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Kentucky