Legal Question in Immigration Law in Kentucky

A friend of mine had his tourist visa changed to a h2b work visa. The visa doesn't expire until 2017 but his status expired at the end of January 2015. He spent good money with a lawyer to get it extended but they kept dodging his calls then they said they could not change it and he needed to go back to his country to fix it. The thing is by the time they told him this his status was expired and he is worried if he leaves now they won't let him come back. He seems confused about what the lawyers did as they never told him. He did not get any paperwork or anything from this lawyer. Is there anything he can do now?

Asked on 2/11/15, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vincent Martin Cundy & Martin, LLC

If his status just expired in January, it may be best for him to leave the U.S. as soon as possible before he accrues any more "unlawful presence." The longer he stays without status, the more difficult it will be for him to return in the future.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/15, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Kentucky