Legal Question in Employment Law in Kentucky

the doctor put me off work due to lower back pain im going to physical theorpy and my work is tring to get me to get a note from the doctor to come back to work or it will be cosiderd as abandondment or valintary resingishen can they do that even if im still under the doctors care for the problem?

Asked on 5/15/11, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Depends on whether your company has to follow FMLA, and how long you've been off of work. If you've exceeded your FMLA time, then you'll have to go back to work if you still want the job. If your company isn't large enough to be under FMLA, then you're at their mercy.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/11, 9:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Kentucky