Legal Question in Employment Law in Kentucky

I recently resigned from my job where I had state retirement benefits. My employer was upset about my resignation. I ask for a refund of my retirement benefits (I am vested) from state retirement system but they can not refund my money because my employer will not send them a form stating my termination date. The state retirement system told me that my employer has no certain time to give them this information. Can my past employer just not ever send this information due to be spiteful? Am I not obligated to get a refund of my account in a timely manner?

Asked on 4/19/12, 5:06 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Well, there's likely administrative options available through KRS. Quick and easy solution though: go see an attorney and have him or her write a letter requesting this be done. It won't cost you much, maybe nothing if you have an existing relationship with an attorney willing to do you a favor.

Read more
Answered on 4/24/12, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Kentucky