Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Kentucky

my adult son moves in and out of my house and now is telling me that I can not put his belongings out without a 30 day written notice, is this true?

Asked on 7/02/12, 6:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Depends what your local ordinances say, but I rather doubt it.

If he were my son, I'd tell him "then sue me." But seriously, regardless of the law, it is courteous and respectful to give someone enough notice when you're forcing them to move out, whatever the reason, to arrange to move their belongings. Moving is expensive to arrange. Take the high road, and lead by example. He's the man you raised, after all.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/12, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Kentucky