Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kentucky

personal injury settlement

i am receiving a settlement from a car accident in a few weeks. A physical therapy office is charging twice the amount they told me. Can I refuse to pay them out of my settlement money? What is my legal recourse. Thanks

Asked on 10/16/08, 9:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mike Troutman Troutman & Hays, PLLC

Re: personal injury settlement

The check you recieve is yours unless the ins co puts the PT name on it. YOur PT should be covered by your ins co through PIP benefits usually up to $10,000. Alternatively,did you not agree as part of your settlement that the ins co would pay all medicals?

The amount they bill you is a separate issue.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/08, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kentucky