Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

i had an altercation with my neighbor and she called some family members to fight me as they were pulling in her yard i came outside to dispose of some garbage and they started threatning me. My dad came outside to see what was going on and he was assualted, my husband came outside and told me to come in. When i went inside i went to go retrieve my husbands gun that's in his name not mine. i went to the front door with the gun and stood there with the glass screendoor shut with the gun in my hand and my husband took the gun away and the screendoor is see through so the police officer took the gun away an charged me with aggravated assualt and disturbing the peace now i have a criminal record already from 2003 what should i expect if i plead guilty and what should i expect if i plead not guilty

Asked on 11/16/10, 5:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jarrett Ambeau The Ambeau Law Firm

What to expect in pleading guilty is really up to the DA handling your case. It is very rare that you would enter a plea of guilty at the first arraignment, and from the facts as you present them you probably should not plead guilty.

You really need to hire an attorney. There is no need to go into court for a matter this serious, and make no mistake this is a serious felony, for which you could face significant jail time, without someone there to fight for your rights.

I would be happy to talk to you about your case. Consultations are free at my firm.

Read more
Answered on 11/22/10, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana