Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

Hi, my brother was injured in a dirt bike accident. Someone cut him off and caused him to hit their vehicle. He went airbourne and dislocated his shoulder and broke his femur. He was riding in a subdivision on the road. Is the driver of the vehicle responsible for paying his doctor bills?

Asked on 3/15/10, 11:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jarrett Ambeau The Ambeau Law Firm

Yes, among other restitution, doctors bills are indeed chargable to the person who caused theinjury. Unfortunantly, you will probably have to get a lawyer involved to make sure that happens. He may be able to settle with the other drivers insurance company directly, if he feels comfortable with that. They should pay for the bills, the lost work time, and some amount for the pain and suffering thier client caused.

Someone needs to get the accident report and contact the insurance company listed therein for the other driver. Then contact the insurance company and let them know the extenet of the damages and bills - it will help to have the bills and reports from the hospital ready to send to them. Good luck to you, I hope it works out, if it does not, hire an attorney. On this kind of case most attorneys will take it on a contengency fee, collecting only if your brother gets paid by the insurance comapny, or another source.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/10, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana