Legal Question in Insurance Law in Louisiana

Pedestrian / auto accident

My 8 year old son was riding his bike in our little town. He ran a stop sign and hit a car broad-side on the rear passenger door. He suffered no serious injuries, only many scrapes and bruises. Minor damage was done to the car: Two small dents and a scratch. The owner of the car has full coverage on her car including collision coverage. My question: Am I liable for any expenses this accident caused the car owner?

Asked on 3/24/99, 9:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Darrell Hickman Spears & Hickman

Re: Pedestrian / auto accident

Based soley upon the information that you supplied in your question, you are probably liable to the car owner for the damages too his vehicle. It does not matter whether the owner has insurance coverage that would pay for the damages. You might want to speak with an attorney. it is possible that your homeowner's insurance will cover the accident.

Darrell Hickman

Ellis, Spears & Hickman

1771 Jackson Street, Suite B

Read more
Answered on 4/06/99, 8:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 164

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Louisiana