Legal Question in Business Law in Louisiana

My company worked to serve as a middle man that makes payments to contractors for another company in a foreign country, This company should transfer the needed fund so I can make payments. However, the company experienced a loss and could not pass the funds to me and in turn I can not make payments to the contractors. Now the contractors are pressing for me to make the payments. What should I do if the foreign company fails to transfer the fund?

Asked on 4/16/18, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Demmons The Demmons Law Firm

I assume that you have contracts between you and the foreign company, as well as between you and the contractors? Those contracts should set forth your obligations and rights. If you don't have contracts, you may be liable to the contractors if you could be deemed their employer. But you might also have rights against the foreign company as well if you end up having to pay their debt. You probably need to speak to someone and provide more details and information.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/18, 7:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Louisiana