Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Louisiana

What happens if you are wrongfully accused at Walmart by LP of Shoplifting. I know

that they have 5 certain guidelines that they must abide by before making a stop not to mention doing it in front of all customers and employers

Asked on 4/06/23, 8:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Falsely accusing someone of a crime is defamation per se and it is actionable. If you can't find a lawyer to take your case in your town, you can sue for up to $5,000 in small claims court. You don't need a lawyer in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/23, 3:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Louisiana