Legal Question in Consumer Law in Louisiana


I live in Louisiana, and recently in a New Orlean's cafe I bought a drink. It is actually a very famous cafe and a famous red-colored drink. After I finished it and only ice was left my wife (who was also sipping it from my glass) found out that there was a huge cockroach. And if you have ever been to Louisiana, you can imagine how aversive it is. We suppose that the cockroach was in the ice cubes. We took pictures and we do have witnesses.

Anyway, later I that night threw up and I can't stop thinking about the incident. Is there something legal could be done to that cafe from my part?



Asked on 6/29/13, 1:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Yes. You can sue for that. Surprisingly, damages do not run very high for those cases, though.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 1:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Louisiana