Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

expungement question

I live in Louisiana and I've been working for my employeer for a year and half. They did a background check recently and I had a misdeamenor,aggravated assault from 4 yrs ago. They are trying to fire me bc of it unless I show documentation that its getting expunged. I talked to the sentencing judge today and he said he would sign of on it to put it under article 894. He said first it has to go through the D.A.'s office and the lady that handles that wasn't in today she will be in tomorrow. My job wants some kind of letter by tomorrow stating that it's in the process of being expunged, is there anyway I could possibly get the lady at the D.A.'s office, since the judge stated he would sign off on it, to give me some sort of stamped letter or documentation stating that its getting expunged but the process takes quite some time? The HR department for my company wants the sort of document by tomorrow. Thank so much.

Asked on 7/06/09, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: expungement question

Why not get an Attorney to do the same thing. Which of the Judges said they would amend the sentence?

Read more
Answered on 7/07/09, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana