Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana


I have a friend who is concerned about some charges she has against her. She was charged with 5 counts of forgery. She was sentenced to 5years suspended served 4months in jail then they gave her 3 years probation. The Judge allowed her to leave the state for work. Well she failed to pay her prabtion officer and return to court.What kind of time can they give her if she tries to go back and pay all of the money she owes and get back on the right track. What would be the maximum sentence could they give her. She just wants to pay what she owes and do what it takes to be free.

Asked on 7/06/06, 5:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: forgery

The most they can give her is the suspended 5 years.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/06, 7:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana