Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

Motion To Reconsider Sentence

I filed a motion for reconsider of sentence article 881.1 for an 893 and article 26.6 First offender treatment. It was denied the Judge said to obtain an expungement the sentence must have been deferred under article 893 at the time of imposition it cannot be obtained or deferred at a later date even if the defendant was eligible. What other options do I have to obtain and expungement on a forgery case that is 25 years old I only received probation a governors gold seal pardon Is out of the question they said she only grant one in 5000. Can I have Another judge review my sentence, and hold he was grant me an article 893?

Asked on 7/14/06, 7:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: Motion To Reconsider Sentence

Normally the judge of that division of that court is the only one who can modify the sentence.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/06, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana