Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

17 year old girl leaving home before graduation Mom has custodial care What can Dad do in this situation?

Asked on 8/15/16, 3:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Louque The Louque Law Firm, L.L.C.

Several options:

1. Take the mother to court to eliminate child support (you likely lose this one unless your daughter comes to live with you);

2. Continue paying child support to the mother until the child turns 18 or graduates high school. If she turns 18 before graduation, child support ends when she graduates.

3. Work out something both you and the mother can agree to.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/16, 12:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana