Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana


I was adopted when I was 9 or 10 yrs. old by my step father. I have no contact with him now and I need to know how to set aside my adoption and have my original birth certificiate re-instated.

Asked on 8/25/04, 3:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: adoption

In order to have your original birth certificate restored, your natural father will have to adopt you. If you just want your name changed, you can do that by simply filing a petition for name change.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/04, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana