Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My divorce was finalized and filed in Texas and so was the custody agreement. My ex husband still lives in Texas and I have relocated to our home state of Louisiana. Can I get a Louisiana custody lawyer to represent me in Texas if I take my ex husband to court again for full custody?

Asked on 7/15/21, 6:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

If you file in Texas you want a lawyer licensed in Texas. You might want to discuss whether or not Louisiana has become a proper jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/21, 9:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana