Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

The father of my two children and I separated and behind my back he signed over temporary custody to his parents and now the kids live with them because he is in rehab. Am I still legally in my rights as their mother to take them since they haven't gone before a judge to get custody?

Asked on 8/06/13, 3:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

You left the children with their parent cannot sign over custody of his children to anyone without the other parent's consent or a court order. My questions are, why did he have them, and do you really want custody?

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana