Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Is there any free legal forms?

MY husband just found out he has had rights to his son, but the boys mom has kelpt this over my husbands head for 9 years. Is there any legal form where they can come to an agreement between the two of them without getting a lawyer involved??

Asked on 1/25/08, 8:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: Is there any free legal forms?

If she has kept him out of his son's life for 9 years, why do you expect her to negotiate in good faith now.

I'm sure there is a form although lawyers are not in the business of giving away forms. There are also lawyers who will draft legally binding agreements, which is part of their business.

All that being said, I think he will need to have a judge order his access to the child.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/08, 11:38 pm

David Hesser Law Offices of David C. Hesser

Re: Is there any free legal forms?

I do not recommend using legal forms without hiring an attorney to make sure the forms are properly completed and making sure the law is followed. The reason is that there are so many exceptions that may apply to a particular case. People who use forms run the risk of improperly granted judgments and later problems. I also recommend hiring a board certified attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/08, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana