Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My God daughters parents gave me provisional custody of her. We did this with a notary. Someone called ocs on the patents because of their drug problem. They were told they'd have to take a drug test so that's when they called me. The plan was for me to keep her while they go to rehab. However they are not making any efforts to go or get right. I know with provisional custody the parents can get the child back at anytime soon my question is what do I do if they come to get her back and haven't went to rehab and still on drugs. Should I call ocs? Also I don't think they will be trying anytime soon so I've been thinking about permanent custody. How do I go about doing that? Would I need a lawyer?

Asked on 1/02/17, 8:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

I suggest that you find a lawyer who is experienced in family law and familiar with Child protection practices.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/17, 10:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana