Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My husband and I have Ben separated for almost 2 years Now he only has 2 months to live. Do I make his daughter power of attorney. We didn’t own anything

Asked on 4/15/21, 1:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

You cannot give her power of attorney over his half of any community property, nor his separate property, only he can. That authority dies with him. If she is his only heir she will have that authority at his death.

I have no idea what benefit comes from giving her power of attorney if there is no property.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/21, 2:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana