Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My ex husband and I were divorced a few years ago, but we have never settled our community property legally. If we are in agreement as to the settlement, what is the easiest and most cost effective way to accomplish this? Can we do it ourselves without an attorney? We are both Louisiana residents and our divorce was in Louisiana.

Asked on 12/21/17, 1:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

I would suggest that you use an attorney who also does domestic mediation. That way, the person might well be able to work with both of you and do your property settlement in a matter that is legally effective and according to your wishes.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/17, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana