Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My husband and his previous wife decided that she would give him the house. It's in the divorce papers. The house is in her name so hes trying to get the house refinanced in his name. At first she said she would sign whatever she needs to sign but she changed her mind and wont return his phone calls. How do you think this can be resolved?

Asked on 8/09/19, 5:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

He probably will have to get her ordered into court to explain why she failed to obey the court order. If the court rules that she violated an order, the court could order her to pay his attorney's fees. Contact an attorney near the jurisdiction where the divorce was litigated.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/19, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana