Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I live in louisiana. My sons was taken into the states custody while in her care and given temporary custody to her mother since then my sons mother got full custody back and has been in and out of jail since. her and her husband is now running from the law and ran to texas without telling me. she called after the fact and asked if i wanted to come get him. so i did. i had her sign a piece of paper stating that she is giving me temporary custody until terminated in writing by the under signed and that i have permission to make all decisions for him. Me and her signed it and her husband and my girlfriend signed as witnesses im wondering i know the grandmothers temporary custody was terminated when the mother got full custody back but i wanted to know if the mother or grandmother had the right to come and take him from me if they feel like it. I have enrolled him back in school and am taking full care of him. please help. thank you, mike

Asked on 5/08/13, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

File for custody..........getting a Judgment is the only way to protect your right to have your son. You need to see if the State has a case on the child because that is where you should go to gain custody.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 3:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana