Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Preliminary Default

I have a question. I filed under title 102 of my state in louisiana I did my own divorce with the help of an online service, which was pretty good I must say. My question is there is a form called preliinary default that the court says I need, I have every other form but that one, the site that preformed my paper work does not have it, and the courts said they do not give those forms out, so where could I get a preliminary default containing to divorce? Is there any site online?

Asked on 11/11/05, 7:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Preliminary Default

In our parish, there is a preliminary default list filed every morning before motion hour. We either simply send a letter to the clerk of court requesting a preliminary default be entered, or show up and have the case added to the list.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/05, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana