Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My sons father has recently deceased and I am wanting to legally change my sons last name to my married name. Is that possible to do and if so will I need the death certificate? The last time he spoke or saw his father was over 3 years ago. I live in louisiana.

Asked on 4/23/13, 7:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Yes, you can change his name. You may need the death certificate, but they are easy enough to get.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana