Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Not sure where to start

I live in La and my husband lives in Sc, but is over seas in Japan at the time and we were married in Fl so im not sure on how to start the diorce. Do I need to contact some one in Fl or can I do it in La where I live? Also we have one child and one on the way.

Asked on 7/08/09, 4:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Not sure where to start

You can file the divorce in Louisiana if that is your domicile. Your problem may be contacting your husband. If he is in the military that adds additional issues into the matter. For convenience, Louisiana is probably the place to file.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/09, 7:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana