Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I want tot block my son's return to the country where he was born, Honduras. The country recently had coup where the government was overthrown and has been on the brink f a civil war. We lived there up until recent and my son and I came to the United States with his others full permisiion. The plan wwas to later marry her to get her here too. She recently changed her mind and is demanding the my son's return. I want the best for my son, and that country is not the best for him, nor is his abusive mother. I am afraid to send him on a visit because I think he will not return and she will hide behind her contacts in the courts to illegally retain him there. I do not want to cut her out of his life but i more strong do not want to lose him in the mountains of a lawless country... what can I do?????

Asked on 1/26/10, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Sounds as if you don't have a choice. If you send him and she does what you suspect she will, you will never get him back. You should not let him go and you should petition the Court for an injunction to keep her from taking him.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/10, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana